Monday, March 12, 2007

Cigarettes and Coffee

Two of my faves, yes, for nigh on fifteen years now. Periodic bouts with the bottle over that time, but always an affinity for good, French Roasted coffee and a pack of whatever came "Buy Two get one Free" at the local convenience store. I've made several attempts to quit the old cancer sticks, and I think this time it'll stick. I just got tested for Lung Cancer today. I get my results back on Friday. Needless to say I'm not stoked. The fires of fear are kindled in the Old Homeplace but not in vain. I put the fags down today, hopefully for the last time. I'm sick of it. Coughing every morning until I hurl and giving half my paycheck to the people at RJ Reynolds or Phillip Morris isn't the direction I would like my life to take any longer. We'll see. Tom Waits can do the slow burn till he's six feet under, but as for me, I'm getting on the health and happiness bandwagon. Its about time. peace.

--LC

No comments: